TDL co-organised and participated in CyberSec4Europe’s Momentum!, a two-day event on 1 and 2 December at the Representation of the State of Hessen to the EU in central Brussels.
Keynote speakers who shared their visions and expectations for the coming years from the perspectives of technology, industry, politics and cyber war and its social impact, included:
Mario Campolargo, Secretary of State for Digitalisation and Administrative Modernisation, Government of Portugal
Oliver Väärtnõu, CEO, Cybernetica AS
Professor Bart Preneel, Head of Computer Security and Industrial Cryptography (COSIC), KU Leuven
The conference also included an evening social event, featuring a keynote and special guest speakers sharing their thoughts and discussing, 'Cybersecurity in Europe: Past, Present and Future’.
From the frontline of cybersecurity challenges, Ievgen Vladimirov, a founder and honorary member of the International Cybersecurity University, gave a keynote address on a live link from Kyiv.
Other guest speakers and panellists included:
- Tamara Tafra, Minister Counsellor, Cyber issues, hybrid threats and disinformation, Permanent Representation of Croatia to the European Union
- Wojciech Wiewiórowski, European Data Protection Supervisor (EDPS)
- Katarzyna Prusak–Górniak, Head of Digital Affairs Unit in Permanent Representation of Poland to the EU, Deputy Chair of the European Cybersecurity Competence Centre Governing Board
- Francesco Barbato, Programme Manager, Cybersecurity Technology and Capacity Building, DG CONNECT, European Commission
- Cláudio Teixeira, Legal Officer – Digital and Consumer Rights, The European Consumer Organisation (BEUC)
Another highlight of the event was the presentation and demonstration of six shortlisted project 'key exploitable and innovative results' which an independent jury then reviewed.
In addition, the project work leaders showcased their achievements on governance to standardisation, from blueprint research to skills training and also share their visions for the future in each of these areas.
All in all, this was a fitting and remarkable opportunity to discover what was learnt in CyberSec4Europe and to understand its vision for the way forward for the European cybersecurity community.
The event webspace with recordings and presentations is https://cybersec4europe.eu/events/momentum/.
The presentations and the audio recording are available here