The roundtable discussed the privacy and security implications of artificial intelligence in Brussels on 18 June from 14:00 until 16:00 preceded by a light lunch. The event took place with the friendly support of the Representation of the State of Hessen to the EU.
The initial set of questions identified for the roundtable were:
(1) In your opinion, what are the key components of trustworthy AI?
(2) What can cause data and algorithm bias? Can technology resolve this problem?
(3) Are security issues connected to machine learning based AI the same as in traditional IT space? If not, what are the differences?
(4) What are the privacy concerns in AI that can be resolved by technology? What are the technologies that we need to watch in this area?
(5) Do we need regulations focusing on privacy in AI? Why or why not?
(6) Is the EU approach to AI different from those adopted in different parts of the word? If so, in which way?
(7) What needs to be done for EU to lead in AI?
(8) How will it be possible to verify/audit the security/privacy of AI solutions?