From its original purely industrial base, the association has become more user-centric and more focussed on ‘trust in digital life’, putting an equal emphasis on the role of industry, knowledge institutes and SMEs.
Among the key focus drivers of TDL is keeping abreast of emerging technologies, solutions, services and products from both a technical and a business perspective.
TDL's research interests are in the following topics:
- 5G / 6G / 7G
- Cybersecurity including certification
- Data protection and privacy as well as data sharing and governance
- Digital identities, wallets and verifiable credentials
- Emerging technologies – aspects of AI, virtual worlds / metaverses, quantum etc
- Smart cities
To pursue these interests, TDL organises or participates in the following activities:
- TDL participates in projects supported by the Horizon 2020 / Horizon Europe, Digital Europe and other programmes
- Events including regular webinars, evening panels and conferences
- Blogs created on TDL's Substack account